Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rio? Sure

Ok so I haven't been on in a while, and then I was delaying writing a post until I could pictures up. I can't put them up right now because I don't have my camera with me, but we go to Rio tomorrow and I'll put up pictures when I get back. Yay!! I have some great ones, like going to Campos do Jordao, which is a little Germanesque village a couple of hours away from where we're staying. We rode these crazy sketch slash shady chairs up the side of a mountain, and then went horseback riding too, which was great!! I loved that, and the horses weren't lame American trail horses, these guys had spirit and were kicking and going fast and such. It ended up just me and a couple of the guys doing it, and they were so funny, trying their bravado and such. Haha but it was a lot of fun.

Also, I saw The Incredible Hulk the other day. It was dubbed over in Portuguese, but not that hard to understand since it was bunch of growling and explosions. haha but it was still good. AND, it was filmed (some) in Rio, which is where I'm going tomorrow!! Yay!! I'm not excited for the drive....7 hours...but hey, it's worth it. Going to Campos was only 3 hours but I got sooo car sick. Yikes. So I think I'll just drug up for tomorrow.

So, yesterday was Pervert Tuesday. I was trying on clothes in a store, and this old French guy went up to my roommate and totally felt her up. Then I came out and they were talking, so I thought they knew each other (they both spoke French...yeah, and I'm struggling with Portuguese still) and he was just gross to us and touchy and man we booked it out of there. BUT on our way home, these two Brazilian guys started following us. We ducked into the temple parking lot (right across from our apt) and went into the distribution center to see if they'd just leave us. Nope. They sat on the grass outside and waited. They left us alone after a while, but they kept making hissing noises. They sounded like they had just sprung a leak. Haha.

Today, I was late to class and our Mom told us to make sure we ate all of our breakfast, so I grabbed my smoothie and drank it on my way to school. I left a few minutes before Heidi because we were running late, and she ended up getting locked in the apt. Haha. So I went shopping with some friends after school and when I got back my mom was pretty upset. Heidi explained to me that our mom had thought I stole her cup and that I was a thief and she was suspicious about the lack of crumbs on my plate (I didn't each the sandwhiches she made). Oh dear. She left so I still need to apologize for that.

But it is still really great here. Rio and the beach will be soooo fun. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and put them on here when I get back. Oh also, we play cards at night just for something to do, and that's a lot of fun.

And also, that guy on the plane that I've been emailing said he might come to Sao Paulo either next week or the next one, and wants to show us around. So that will be a lot of fun too.

We went to the temple with Cade and Joseph last week and did baptisms, but we got in a bit of a little fight with the temple lady (probablly one of the worst possible sins) . She told us that we had to shower before doing baptisms because it was symbollic and part of the ritual. Right. We were kinda surly about that one. But we're going with our ward again tonight.

Our group is a lot of fun. Cade and Joseph live really close so we do a lot of things with them, and Cade even waited around while I tried on clothes today. Haha. We have a lot of fun, and the Brazilians are great (minus the creepy ones). I feel like I've been here soooo much longer than a week, but nope. Well, almost two now I guess. Rio will be great. Don't worry that I'm wearing boy board shorts for the bottoms of my swim suit. haha. The only other options are sungas, or however you spell them, which is like Brazil's version of a cross between speedos and thongs. Yeah...not happening.

Ok pictures are coming!! Thanks for the emails!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Lauren,
We are sitting with katelyn, and feel very sorry that we have not written sooner. it sounds like you are having lots of adventures. do you know how we would go about sending you pictures because quite frankly we are stumped.
the Orem house is now up for sale. woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we put in we being mom and tim...wood laminate flooring in the living room and had all of the carpets cleaned. you know how gross they were. YUCK. my cat is dead! : (
Brennan called madre last night and talked about wanting a welcome home sign and was very specific on what he wanted. something to the effect of red letters and balloons inside...inside where is still the question. we don't know what he was meaning. but while we are on the subject of welcoming people home, we all miss you much and want to let you know that if you ever need a personal welcome home sign i am now the man!!!!!!!!

and about this email...the one that you sent mom "SENT" jk um yeah she didn't get it. : ) she wants to remind you that her email adresss the "suzie" one. so if you want to double check your spelling...or something...

so suiside, pirvert tues and ompa lumpas, stealing and commiting probably the worst sin ever...i am thinking brazil is not the best for you right now...MY little baby is growing up and saving CHINA! ha ha or would be if brazil was not..hemm hemm anyways...
remember who you are, act accordingling make good choices, chose the right, look both ways, don't talk to stragers, remember there are people starving in china so eat up, no more pawning you poor food onto joseph or cade. we all know you want them to be umpa lumpas...but come on... SERIOUSLY?

oh madre wants to know if you have a return date from portland yet??????????>?:)

L-is for the way you look at me
O- is for the only one i see
V_is very very..extra ordinary
E-is even more then any one that you adore and...
the end


and please don't forget to find me my boyo!!!! perferably NOT on tues. ps

k love ya much. MOM TIM AND ME

Unknown said...

ps ps ps...don't become confused with the fact that mom is typing the first like two lines and then it turns into me...i promise i am not talking about myself in third person there...