Saturday, June 14, 2008

First step!

Well, I made it to Oregon, the first step on my adventure. It's not really exciting enough to warrant a post, but I wanted to have something on my page so....

The flight was fine, except there was this kid who screamed the whole time and the parents didn't even do anything...so I turned on Jack Johnson and read my little book. Occasionally the latino woman I was sitting by would stare at me and I'd smile and then go back to my book. It was a great hour and a half. :) OH but my step Dad, Tim, cut some yellow roses for me and I actually took them on the flight. It reminded me of Karen taking her bouquet to Hawaii after her wedding reception. Unfortunately, quite a few petals ended up on the floor of the airplane. Oops.

Well, Brazil on Thursday. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my time here in Oregon. To my surprise, my Dad and step Mom have this little rat dog named Rosita. What the...? I might kick it.

No comments: