Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday



Happy Father's Day everyone! I think I'm going to take the link to this off my gmail because it's so boring and somewhat embarrassing for people to be reading it. Yuck. Who cares about this? BUT...I am soooo super bored here so this is something to do. Thanks to texting, I'm keeping my sanity. And thanks to the phone calls too. I love em! I wish I could make dinner tonight (Sunday's my day with my roommates to make dinner) and lay out at the park while we "study" but inevitably fall asleep. Robert, we still have your lemonade :)

Church was good today. A couple beehives spoke on how much they love their Dads, and some guy talked about being engaged and how he's excited to be a Dad.

Sunday school and relief society were fine. Amy, Morg, Erica and Heather, Karen and Sarah all know how much I love relief society, so it was really fun to go. I was visiting, so they had me stand up and state my name etc, yuck. But I said I was visiting from BYU (yay!) and that I'm the daughter of David Cummings. When I said that everyone was like "Oh!" "Yay!" "Oh we should have recognized you" and such. Haha. BUT we got chocolate in rs, so that was good.

About going to Brazil, I realized something the other day, and was talking to Morgan about it when she slept over last Tuesday. As hard a time as I'm having going to Brazil, I think I'd have such a harder time if I wasn't a member. I mean it! I know the culture and the people and some of the practices are different, but the gospel and the Spirit are the same everywhere and I'm so glad I'll have that foundation with going to a new place. I can't imagine going somewhere and not having that as a comfort zone. So I'm glad I went to relief society, because it's something I'm familiar with, and I"m glad they had me stand up and announce myself, because as much as I was dreading it, I expected it. It's nice to have familiar expectations.

Oh just a side note, my seven year old step sister asked me to do her hair for church today and make it look like mine. Isn't adoration fun? :) Just kidding, I love her. The responsibility is so big, but I don't think I'd trade being oldest for anything. Except maybe to see Michael Buble in concert. Or to get rid of this little dumb chihuahua.

3 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

we're excited that you are going on your first big world adventure. Keep us posted. I hope you got your passport. We love you!!!! D, W and the kids

Lauren said...

I yeah I did get my passport. PHEW!! Thanks so much to you guys! Love you too! PS, you guys surprised all of us by going to Hawaii! I hope it was great!

Sarah Quinn said...

Oh man Chooks. You do love Relief Society huh? I forgot about all those times that we considered skipping to go home and bake raisin bread and dance to Michael Buble...I mean...all those times we were spiritually preparing ourselves to receive the lesson. Right. That's it.